Answered By: Sarah Gibbins Last Updated: 29 Oct 2021 Views: 7
You can download VLeBooks to read on an Apple device by following the below instructions. Not all VLeBooks have a download option - some are only available to 'Read Online' and these open up in the Internet Browser on your device.
First you need to ensure you have created your free Adobe ID, which is required to read DRM protected eBooks from VLeBooks.com.
Creating an Adobe ID
If you haven't created an ID go to:
- Click on 'create account'. Complete the form and scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'create account'.
Downloading Adobe Digital Editions App
- Once you have your free Adobe ID go to the App Store on your device and search for ‘Adobe Digital Editions’ and install the app.
- Once installed open the app. You will be taken to your Library, which won't have any books in it other than 'Getting started with Adobe Digital Editions'.
- Click on the three line menu on the top left hand side and choose 'settings'
- Select 'authorize' and check the selection is ‘Adobe ID’, Enter your Adobe ID and password, and press ‘Authorize’. You should then get a message to say that this device has been activated.
You are now ready to start downloading VLeBooks. Using the Internet Browser on your device, go to the library webpages database section https://guides.library.lincoln.ac.uk/az.php?a=v and select 'VLeBooks' and log in.
- Search for the book you would like to download, and press the 'Download' button.
- Choose how many days you wish to download the book for, options are normally 1 or 3 days, and press 'Download'.
- Once generated, select the 'click here to download' link.
- This will start the download of the book. Once downloaded, select the Share icon.
- Then select the Adobe Digital Editions App.