Answered By: Sarah Lewis Last Updated: 19 Jul 2021 Views: 636
When you access an ebook which is on the VLeBooks platform, the system should log you in automatically - even if you go via a Library website "Log in to ebook here" link - and take you to the ebook.
However, there may be occasions when this doesn't happen and you may get stuck on the VLeBooks login page:
If this happens you should try one of the following:-
1) Log in via Shibboleth
- If you are presented with the screen above, select the "Shibboleth" option under the "Sign in below" menu
- Type "university of lincoln" and select "University of Lincoln" from the drop-down list
- If you have not already logged into your Library account, you will be presented with the standard University of Lincoln log-in screen - sign in with your University email and password
- You should now been taken through to the ebook you were trying to access or to the VLeBooks homepage where you can search for titles.
2) Go back to the Library website
- Sometimes it may be easier to go back to the Library website and search for the ebook again
- When you find the title you require, click on the "Log in to ebook here" link
- This should take you directly to the ebook, especially if you have already logged into University systems - if you haven't, you will be presented with the standard University of Lincoln log-in screen - sign in with your University email and password.
It is always worth clearing your browser cache if you continue to experience issues and then try to access the ebook again in a new browser session - you can find information on how to reset your browser cache in our FAQ - How do I reset my browser cache?
If either of the above options do not work, please let us know using the E-resources Feedback form - please provide as much information as possible including:-
- device and browser you are using
- the ebook(s) you are trying to access
- how you are trying to access them
- the URLs of pages you are accessing
- screenshots of any error messages you are seeing