Answered By: Acquisitions Team
Last Updated: 07 Sep 2020     Views: 290

You can use inter-library loans to request:

  • Books which we don't have in our collections;
  • Copies of journal articles (no more than one article from a single issue)
  • Copies of conference papers (no more that one paper from a single set)
  • Copies of book chapters (no more than one chapter from a single book)

We cannot accept requests for:

  • Books or articles that we already have in our collections;
  • Books that are out on loan;
  • Paper versions of e-books (exceptions do apply; please contact us if you need a print version);
  • Copies of more than one article from a single published work (e.g. from a single book, a single issue of a journal, or a single set of conference proceedings);
  • Theses – please use EThOS (e-theses online service);
  • Books and articles from sources outside the United Kingdom.


Related FAQs