Answered By: Sarah Lewis Last Updated: 07 Sep 2020 Views: 64
If you are experiencing problems accessing the Library's website or any of the Library's online resources (databases, journals, articles, ebooks, reading lists, etc.), we would ask you to try clearing your browser cache and cookies in the first instance please - for all time when prompted (How do I clear my browser cache?).
We recommend using Chrome to access anything so try clearing the cache for that and the try accessing the resource you need again in a new browser session.
If the problem persists, please notify us using our E-resources Feedback form. To help us diagnose the issue and speed up a result, we ask for the following information from you when you report a problem:-
- What browser are you using?
- What device are you using? e.g. PC, MacBook, tablet, mobile, etc.
- Where are you located? e.g. on-campus, off-campus, UK, abroad?
- What specifically are you trying to access? e.g. are you stuck on the main resource page or a specific page/article? Please provide the URL of the page you are experiencing problems with.
- What error message are you seeing? Please send us a screenshot - this really helps us.
- Are you already logged into your Library account, or are you asked to login along the way?
- How are you accessing the resource? e.g. from Library website, Talis reading list, or Blackboard? Fom Google or elsewhere?
- Can you access other resources?
This information really helps us to investigate the issue and see if it is user-specific or a wider problem we need to be aware of.
You can also have a look at our Systems Status page to see if there are any reported issues or maintenance for specific resources, which may be affecting access.