Answered By: Paul Stainthorp Last Updated: 10 Mar 2017 Views: 570
It is not possible to print out a whole ebook.
This is because of restrictions imposed by the publishers and by copyright.
You can usually print a small amount of each ebook. There is a limit to the total number of pages you can print from each ebook; the limit varies from book to book and can be between a few pages and 5% of the book.
(You can also download some ebooks to your own computer or device. It is usually not possible to print from an ebook you have downloaded.)
For ebooks on the Dawsonera platform, you can print a small range of pages from a print allocation. This print allocation limits the total number of pages you can print from each ebook; the limit varies from book to book.
- Log in to the ebook from a Library search or via this direct link: http://guides.library.lincoln.ac.uk/dawsonera
- On the ebook description page, scroll down and click on the "Read online" button:
Navigate to the section of the book that you wish to print.
- From the toolbar towards the right-hand-side of the screen, click on "Print":
- The "Print" window will open. From this window, choose the page(s) you would like to print out of the print allocation for the ebook, and click "Preview".
- The "Preview" window will open. Check that the page range is correct, and click on "Print".
- N.B. If you access a Dawsonera ebook via a Library search you will see the Library's general print allowance for each ebook. This general allowance can be used by any student or member of University staff and you may find it has already been used up for the ebook you want to print from. If the print allowance for an ebook appears to have been used up, you can access your own personal print allowance for each ebook by logging in. Instructions on this process are available at:
For ebooks on the MyiLibrary platform, you can print a range of pages as well as single pages. There is a limit to the total number of pages you can print from each ebook; the limit varies from book to book.
- Log in to the ebook in the usual way.
- Navigate to the section of the book that you wish to print.
- Click on the printer icon at the top right corner:
- At this stage you may see a warning to allow pop-up windows. You will need to choose the option of allowing pop-ups for MyiLibrary in order to print.
- The "Print Page Range" window will indicate how many pages you can print in this particular ebook. You can choose to print a range of pages as well as printing a single page:
- Click "Print" to continue.
- Your chosen page(s) will open in a "Printer Friendly" window. Within this window, hold down "Ctrl" on your keyboard and hit "P" (Mac users: hold down "command ⌘" and hit "P"):
- You will now see your usual printer dialog screen. Specify whether you would like to print in colour/grayscale and single/double-sided, and click on "Print".
- Then go back, navigate to the next page(s) you would like to print, and repeat the process until you have reached the limit for printing from this particular ebook.
If you have any questions about ebooks please contact the Library.