Answered By: Paul Stainthorp Last Updated: 21 Nov 2016 Views: 65
There is currently a problem with exporting some journal articles from the Library website to RefWorks. Journal articles which are not available to guest users are not being correctly exported to RefWorks.
Until this problem is fixed, please use the following steps to export records to RefWorks:
- Log in to the library website at: http://lncn.eu/libweb
- Search for articles as normal and/or create a list of items.
- For an article/list that you want to export, hit "Save" as normal –
- – but then, instead of choosing "RefWorks", choose the "RIS" option.
- This will create a text file which will be downloaded to your computer (it will be saved in your usual downloads folder).
- Log in to RefWorks as normal via: http://guides.library.lincoln.ac.uk/find/reference-management
- Select "References" > "Import" from the RefWorks menu.
- In the "Import References" screen, set the Import Filter/Data Source and the Database both to "RIS Format".
- Use the "Choose File" button to select the file you just downloaded to your computer.
- Finally, hit "Import".
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Library.